How to Brew Coffee Using a Bodum French Press, Instructions
Once you’ve found the perfect Bodum french press, it’s time to brew the perfect cup of coffee! In case you have questions, we've made a guide to show you how to brew coffee using a Bodum French Press.
You can always experiment and make adjustments to this brew guide to match your personal expectations, but this guide is a great place to start.
Things you’ll need:
- French press coffee maker
- Your favorite coffee beans
- Coffee grinder
- Stirring spoon
- Coffee mug or cup
- Scale or coffee measurement spoon
Step by step brew guide:
- Preheat the Bodum french press coffee maker by pouring in some hot water
- Weigh your coffee- standard measurement is 8 g of coffee grounds to 4 ounces of water (Check out our coffee calculator here to figure out the correct ratios).
- Boil your water
- Grind the beans after measuring them out
- Add coffee grounds to the Bodum french press after dumping out the warming water
- Add boiling water to coffee grounds and use stirring spoon to stir
- Set a timer for 4 minutes and relax while you wait
- Slowly push down on the plunger until it hits the bottom
- Pour your fresh french press coffee into your favorite mug and enjoy a delicious cup of joe
- Don’t let the coffee sit in the french press too long because it will burn and become bitter.