How Do You Make Cold Brew With a French Press?
Did you know that your french press coffee maker can make more than just hot coffee? If you’re tired of hot coffee, maybe it’s time to try cold brew. Cold brew is a smooth, satisfying version of iced coffee (can be served hot as well), and it's simple to learn how to make cold brew in your french press coffee maker.
- Start with 1 cup of coarsely ground coffee and 5 cups of water (in volume not weight). NOTE: To make Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate use 1:3 ratio.
- Pour ground coffee into your 8-cup (34 oz.) French Press
- Pour in cold (room temperature) water
- Use a spoon to help soak the coffee and water, but don’t stir
- Place the french press plunger on top and let coffee sit for 12-24 hours
- Once the time has passed, press the plunger down to the bottom
- Pour your coffee over ice and enjoy alone or with your favorite types of milk and sweeteners!
We hope these instructions help you feel comfortable enough to try making your first cup of cold brew in your french press coffee maker. If you don’t get it exactly right the first time, try altering the amount of coffee you use and how long you let the coffee brew. Keep trying until you find your personal favorite.
For a more detailed guide, check out our instructional video on making cold brew coffee concentrate with a french press.
your first purchase
HURRY, LIMITED TIME OFFER* FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS ONLY!