Baratza Encore - Conical Burr Coffee Grinder, all-purpose range from fine (Espresso) to Coarse (French Press)
AWARDS, NOMINATIONS, REVIEWS, SUPPORT:
- Best Coffee Gift - Coffee Grinder of 2020 | View Guide »
- View Baratza Encore Review here »
- View all Baratza Parts here.
The entry-level, all-purpose Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is perfect for beginning home brewing for those just dipping their toes into a coffee lifestyle. With an optimal grind for manual/drip brews, it can also accommodate for espressos.
This conical burr grinder has a meticulous method for coarse grinding that is has become progressively more popular with manual brews such as pour-over, Siphon, Aeropress, and Chemex. The distinctively designed burrs contribute to a specific grind that has minimal fines for more delicious, even extraction while brewing espresso.
The Baratza Encore features the same quality standards in parts and production that Baratza Coffee Grinders are known for. A powerful DC motor reduces the amount of heat held in beans, even while being ground down for extensive periods of time. A unique composition of electric and gear speed reduction brings the burr to a slower grind at 450 RPM, allowing for a silkier bean feed and a reduction in static buildup, heat, and noise.
The Encore not only aids in an enjoyable brew, but it also provides an enjoyable experience to operate. An easy-to-use front-mounted pulse knob provides an easy way to grind up your favorite blend at the touch of a button. The Baratza Encore provides any type of grind for an expansive range of brewing methods to meet your daily needs and is a good all-around home grinder to keep in your kitchen.
- European manufactured burrs: The Encore's 40 mm conical burrs accommodate for numerous types of coffee. The conical burrs can expertly grind down beans that run the range of the finest to the coarsest and are strong enough to retain their sharpness for years on end.
- Unique DC motor: The Encore's formidable, high torque DC motor drives the burrs with ease. The slowly turning motor operates quietly, even during extended grinding duty-cycles, resulting in more slowly heated, smoother beans for a professional quality grind. Like other Baratza grinder models, the Encore is equipped with an automatic, thermal cutoff switch to prevent overheating and blown power sockets.
- Increased adjustment abilities: Turning the Encore's hopper introduces 40 different settings that can be used to accommodate for coarse grinds for French Press brews and finer grinds for espressos. The grinder features a grinding range from 250 to 1200 microns.
- Expertly managed speed control: The Encore uses a sequence of gear and electronic speed minimization to regulate burr rotation to 500 RPM. A slower speed helps to diminish noise, warmth, and static within the grinder, also assuring that beans flow evenly into the burrs.
- Easy operation: A convenient on-off switch allows you to operate the Encore at the push of a button. It also increases freshness by reducing the amount of grinds kept in the grinder and features easily removable burrs for efficient clean-up.
ENJOY 5% OFF* STOREWIDE with coupon "FP5".
*brands are excluded: Baratza
IF YOUR FRENCH PRESS IS BROKEN, WE’LL GIVE YOU 50% STORE CREDIT
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love this grinder and the prompt customer service from French Press Coffee . com . . . one thing, you can upgrade the burr grinder from the M3 it comes with to the better M2 for $35. (US . . . may be difficult to find / have shipped to EU)
Dear Sandro! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
This coffee grinder is better than my last one and easier to use.
Dear CC! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Put off getting a proper grinder for a very long time. I researched and settled on this one; we have been using a blade grinder for about 20 years.
I can tell you the coffee tastes better to us with this grinder. The grinding consistency is great. I hoped it would be a bit less noisy, but we do not believe it is vs. the blade, just a different sound. I would recommend this grinder to any serious coffee enthusiast. We use this grinder for the french press.
Dear Chris! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
It's the right size, not too loud and does a fine job at grinding for a French Press.. It does not have a static electricity problem that some grinders have. One of the rating agencies downgraded it because it doesn't have a timer. Really? I simply put my measured amount of beans in the hopper and turn it on. What's so hard about that? I do not store roasted beans in the hopper because it is not sealed from the air. I keep them in sealed glass jars. It's more expensive than the Chinese made grinders, but the quality is there. (Designed in Seattle, built in Taiwan).
Dear Willi! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Seems to do the job well. No complaints-
Dear David! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I have begun to roast my own coffee beans at home. My old burr grinder created large pieces, medium pieces, and small pieces all mixed with dust, no matter what grind setting I chose, which made roasting a waste of time. This grinder has a solid feeling switch, a strong sounding motor, and when comparing a pre ground bag with that out of the Encore (at standard setting 20) it is indistinguishable. Takes my fresh roasted beans and turns them into a seriously good cup of coffee. It is significantly larger than my previous model, but it still fits under my cabinets and for the near infinite increase in quality, I don't mind at all.
Dear Kerri! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I wanted to replace my hand grinder with one of these for some time, but recently it became more of a necessity due to having less time in my morning routine. I tempered my expectations of some kind of massive increase in coffee quality, because there were other benefits to this purchase as well. But the coffee really does taste better -- by a lot! You won't regret buying one for sure.
The extra goodies provided by this site were nice too.
Dear Aaron! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Likes: easy to change grind settings, consistent grind particle size, easy to clean by just grinding cleaning pellets once a month, a big improvement over my Krup blade type grinder. Color me happy.
Dislikes: a little too noisy, i wear ear protection.
Overall: i like it so much a bought this one for my son.
Dear Dewitt! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Very happy! Superior to small coffee grinder. French Press Coffee customer service is amazing! Thank you!
Dear Dora! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I just received the Baratza Encore - Conical Burr Coffee Grinder from frenchpresscoffee.com
While delivery was almost a week late (the USPS is lagging behind right now), we were happy to have it delivered!
Simple to inbox and assemble, this burr grinder works like a charm and delivers an absolutely uniform grind!
Dear Kevin! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
your first purchase
HURRY, LIMITED TIME OFFER* FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS ONLY!