Fellow Prismo - Filter Attachment for AeroPress Coffee Maker
ENJOY 5% OFF* STOREWIDE with coupon "FP5".
*brands are excluded: Baratza
IF YOUR FRENCH PRESS IS BROKEN, WE’LL GIVE YOU 50% STORE CREDIT
First off, I am new to the AeroPress world, and I just love it, and thought it was a perfect design. But, the Prismo is the missing-link in terms of the design of the unit and takes your brews to the next level in a few ways:
1) it improves on the design of the original AeroPress in that when you pour your hot water on the grounds there is no leakage until you apply pressure. So no need to use the inversion method if you want to make an immersion/french-press style cup with coarser grind as there is no water leakage until you apply pressure!
2) it works as intended to make 'espresso-like' shots, dense with a nice crema- just follow the recipe they recommend and there are plenty of vids out there with good tips.
3) no need to buy a separate metal filter since the Prismo comes with one -You will never need to buy another paper filter again.
4) high quality build- fits the AeroPress tightly as if it was an o.e.m. accessory.
5) frenchpresscoffee.com - great, fast service, and the order arrived quickly.
To sum it up, I highly recommend this. In fact, I'm going to make a shot right now lol
Both arrived in short order!
Both work well, just as described and I am glad that my flavorful coffee oils are back!
I've had my Aeropress for about 2 years, and have enjoyed it very much, but I heard from a friend, (an excellent, professional chef), that it makes even better coffee with with a reusable filter. I called Frenchpresscoffee.com, and of the various reusable filters this was the one recommended. This is a great concept, and the first cup of coffee I made with it was really delicious. But (!) it didn't fit well on my Aeropress. Granted it's a retrofit, and that is probably the problem, but I was unable to twist it fully into place. I WAS able to twist it far enough that I almost couldn't get it free again. I had to bring it to my husband out in the shop for him to get it to loosen - and he had difficulty! So the next time I made coffee I didn't twist it quite that tightly. I started the process of making my morning coffee, and was pressing the coffee through the filter. As the plunger went down, it became harder to push. I was pushing pretty hard when the plunger suddenly "gave", the filter popped off, and coffee kind of exploded up - splashing my face, drenching my shirt and actually burning my wrist. So I'm not sure how to rate it. Based on the first cup of coffee I'd give it five stars - but based on the problem of trying to retrofit it to an older, used Aeropress, in my case it's not useable. I've given it away (with a warning) hoping it will fit my son-in-laws Aeropress better. So - balancing 5 stars and unusable I've compromised with 3 stars. But if it fits your Aeropress it's a five star attachement!
Perfect complement to the aeropress. Allows one to have more coffee in the brewer, excellent microfiltration and as close as you can get to espresso in a travel device. Just the sound of the vacuum release is enough to make you want to make a cup!
Happy with the product. Works great.
This site was the only site that could send me the product fast and at a fair price--Amazon's listing was for almost double the cost. The site was easy to use and the post-purchase communication was excellent. The product works as described--really produces a fine cup of "espresso". The metal screen does a great job and come out almost clean. It is a worthy addition to the Aeropress if you are java-phile...
Appears to be made well made. I just started experimenting with it. I will have to get back to you after a couple of weeks of using it
Excellent device enabling the AeroPress to prevent any leaks and smooth pressing, Thank you
Ainda não usei. Mas a encomenda chegou rápida e em perfeitas condições, a French Press Coffee está de parabéns!
Glad to have this alternative to disposable paper filters. Order was processed quickly and received in excellent condition.
The AeroPress coffee brewer is loved by coffee fans around the world for its delicious coffee brews, ease of use, and flexible portability.
Fellow Prismo Attachment for AeroPress Coffee Maker with Reusable Filter (best for Espresso-Style Coffee, No-Drip Immersion, and Cold Brew)
- The Prismo allows for an espresso-style shot that is slightly lower than a traditional espresso shot. This lower temperature helps draw out the chocolatey flavors and full-bodied profile of your coffee, especially in terms of medium or dark roasted grinds, or it can be used to brew a full cup of coffee for lighter single origin roasts.
- The Prismo coffee attachment replaces the original plastic basket of the AeroPress with a pressure activated valve. The valve allows for increased pressure buildup in the AeroPress, making it a breeze to produce shots with that unmistakable crema of a traditional espresso shot. The Prismo accomplishes this through its innovative technology which requires the valve to take more pressure from the user before opening up to release the coffee, much like the pressurized baskets used in traditional espresso machines.
- The Prismo by Fellow comes in two parts, the plastic basket replacement and the built-in 70-micron filter. The attachment allows for the build-up of pressure while it creates a no-drip seal for a full immersion brew. The reusable 70-micron filter stops and hold sludge and keeps it from seeping into your cup while also eliminating the need for paper filters.
- The Prismo is made from a durable polypropylene with a silicone valve and is compatible only with the AeroPress Coffee Maker. An integrated gasket prevents your brew from leaking over the sides and its small aperture fits over an espresso shot glass for easy pouring.
PRESSURE ACTIVATED VALVE:
BUILT TO LAST WITH A REUSABLE FILTER:
DURABLE AND EASY TO CARE FOR MATERIALS:
NO NEED TO BUY AN EXPENSIVE ESPRESSO MACHINE:
- Fellow Coffee Products - Stagg EKG, Prismo, Stagg Pour-Over Kettles
- Aeropress Coffee Maker, Filters, Replacement Parts
- (Video) Making Espresso With Prismo at Fellow Store in San Francisco by European Coffee Trip
- THE ANATOMY OF AN “ESPRESSO-STYLE” SHOT by Fellow