Airscape Stainless Steel Canister, Medium, 7" Tall, Holds up to 1 lb. Coffee Beans
Airscape Canister Capacity (7" Medium):
- 1 lb. coffee beans
- 2.5 lb. flour
- 2.5 lb. brown sugar
- 2.5 lb. granola
- 3 lb. oats
- 7.5 lb. popcorn kernels
AWARDS, NOMINATIONS, REVIEWS:
Staff Pick: The 3 Best Airtight Coffee Canisters - View Guide »
VIDEO REVIEW: Airscape Coffee Canister
Unlike plastic food containers, AirScape Stainless Steel Storage Canister are stain and odor resistant, so you can use them for a variety of items without worrying that flavors will be absorbed into the interior of the coffee storage container.
- The top lid of the Airscapestorage coffee container is clear plastic, allowing you to see how much coffee you have in the canister without having to open it, further protecting the integrity of your coffee beans. However, the lid does not allow harmful ultraviolet rays into the coffee storage.
- While oxygen is a good thing sometimes, when it comes to the proper storage of coffee beans, oxygen is the enemy. Oxygen allows the essential oils of the coffee beans to be damaged, degrading the quality of your pricey, gourmet coffee beans. The Airscape Coffee Canister, however, can prevent this damage from taking place. The patented valve in the lid of the coffee container forces air out of the canister, locking the lid in place and protecting your coffee from damage.
- Gourmet, specialty coffee beans can add a touch of exotic glamor to your morning cup of coffee. These specialty beans can hint at floral notes, fruity notes, or even spicy flavors. While they are not cheap, if you really love coffee, it is worth the extra expense to have a unique coffee experience each morning. However, to protect the flavors of the coffee beans, you have to store them properly.
- The exterior of the Airscape coffee canister is coated in enamel paint and is available in five colors to match any decor. You can choose from Mocha, Candy Apple, Turquoise, Brushed Steel, or Black.
- When you use the Airscape coffee canister, the last few coffee beans used from the container will be as fresh as the first ones that you used, thanks to the amazing technology of the designers. The Airscape coffee canister holds up to 64 ounces by volume. It is 7 inches tall with a 4 1/2 inch circumference.
GREAT FOR HOME ROASTERS AND HOME BARISTAS: The Airscape coffee canister is crafted from high quality, restaurant grade, 18/8 stainless steel. The exterior of the canister is coated with an enamel paint finish in five different color options AIR-TIGHT STORAGE: The locking lid forces air out of the canister's interior to protect the integrity and flavor of your favorite gourmet coffee beans. KEEPS COFFEE FRESH: The Airscape storage coffee canister protects your coffee and food against humidity, insects, and oxidation. NO ODORS OR STAIN, EASY TO CLEAN: The stainless steel interior will not absorb odors or stain. You can use the canister for a wide variety of food products without worrying about flavor transfer.
What's in the Box:
- AirScape Coffee Canister (Stainless Steel)
- AirScape Steel Top Lid
- AirScape Plunger Lid
- EXCLUSIVE: 1 tbsp. Plastic Measuring Scoop
How many oz or lb does Airscape coffee canister hold?
- Small (32 fl oz) holds 1/2 lb whole bean coffee
- Large (64 fl oz) holds 1 lb of whole bean coffee
Does it allow CO2 to escape? (Home Roasters)
- Yes. Just Leave the handle in the upright position and the one way valve will remain open allowing the CO2 to vent out as it is offgassed (NOTE: Beans only release significant CO2 amounts for a brief time immediately after roasting (usually first 2-3 hours). Once CO2 venting finished please lock the handle to preserve your coffee beans).
What are the dimensions of Airscape coffee canister?
- Small: 32 fl oz: 4¾” Base, 4” High
- Large: 64 fl oz: 4¾” Base, 7” High
Does the black "lever lock" lid move down through the container as coffee/whatever is removed?
- Yes, which makes it very air tight. With the lever lock lid, when you move it down, it will expel all air (helps to keep your coffee fresh). Airscape Coffee Storage also great for various grains, brown sugar and etc.,
Does it actually pump the air out of the container?
- No. Instead it removes and locks out air to preserve and protect freshness and flavor of you coffee or anything else you want to store. So it limits the amount of air that can react with the coffee (prevents Oxidation), but doesn't create or maintain a vacuum.
Can you use Airscape Coffee Container to store ground coffee?
- Yes you can. But for freshest coffee, grind your own right before you brew and keep the coffee beans in Airscape coffee canister.
Do these easily stack?
- Yes you can stuck Airscape Coffee Containers on top of the other.
Can I put this in the dishwasher?
- Yes you can (on top shelf of the dishwasher). But we highly recommend hand-washing to prolong the life of your product. The Airscape® inner lid should always be gently hand-washed and let thoroughly air-dry.
Airscape Canisters Comparison Chart:
Attractive, high quality build & materials, easy to use, and expels the air! What more could you want??
Dear Michael! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
My Parents Are Gonna love this for Christmas! Thank so much!
Works great. Takes the air out.
Dear Green Dragon! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Woosh!! And all the air blasts out of the canister. I love it!
Great service. I want another one.
...... Make sure to flip the handle down to seal the plunger.
Dear Steve! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I love the canisters. I have bought two. They absolutely keep out the air. They are smooth in operation. Love them!
Dear M Harris! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Really nice container. Almost want 3 more but will stick to one for now
Dear Sukhyung! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I really like like like this canister. It does everything promised. My only regret is that I didn’t also get the next size smaller get the smaller size., also. I see a new order in my future.
Dear Kelli! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Very simple design that works as advertised. Pushing down on the black lid expels almost all of the air, but don't forget to flip the black handle down that seals off the contents. The top/clear lid provides additional sealing to maintain the contents air tight.
Dear R Greer! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I have tried several other brands of vacuum sealing coffee canister and none of them actually worked. The Airscape is the first to hold the vacuum until I actually open the canister for bean use. As I am not a daily coffee drinker at home and need to keep my newly opened fresh beans the freshest I can for as long as I can, this is a must have. Thanks!
Dear Leslie! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com