Fellow Prismo - Filter Attachment for AeroPress Coffee Maker
The AeroPress coffee brewer is loved by coffee fans around the world for its delicious coffee brews, ease of use, and flexible portability.
Yet to add to its capabilities in being able to brew up a tasty cup of espresso Fellow has created the Prismo to create espresso-style shots with the AeroPress.
Fellow Prismo Attachment for AeroPress Coffee Maker with Reusable Filter (best for Espresso-Style Coffee, No-Drip Immersion, and Cold Brew)
- The Prismo allows for an espresso-style shot that is slightly lower than a traditional espresso shot. This lower temperature helps draw out the chocolatey flavors and full-bodied profile of your coffee, especially in terms of medium or dark roasted grinds, or it can be used to brew a full cup of coffee for lighter single origin roasts.
- The Prismo coffee attachment replaces the original plastic basket of the AeroPress with a pressure activated valve. The valve allows for increased pressure buildup in the AeroPress, making it a breeze to produce shots with that unmistakable crema of a traditional espresso shot. The Prismo accomplishes this through its innovative technology which requires the valve to take more pressure from the user before opening up to release the coffee, much like the pressurized baskets used in traditional espresso machines.
- The Prismo by Fellow comes in two parts, the plastic basket replacement and the built-in 70-micron filter. The attachment allows for the build-up of pressure while it creates a no-drip seal for a full immersion brew. The reusable 70-micron filter stops and hold sludge and keeps it from seeping into your cup while also eliminating the need for paper filters.
- The Prismo is made from a durable polypropylene with a silicone valve and is compatible only with the AeroPress Coffee Maker. An integrated gasket prevents your brew from leaking over the sides and its small aperture fits over an espresso shot glass for easy pouring.
- PRESSURE ACTIVATED VALVE: The Prismo's pressure activated valve creates increased pressure build-up in the AeroPress, allowing it to take on more pressure from the user before opening up to release the coffee. The innovative approach allows it to brew espresso-style coffee.
- BUILT TO LAST WITH A REUSABLE FILTER: The Prismo's reusable 70-micron filter keeps sludge and sediment away from your optimally brewed coffee while eliminating the need for any paper filters. The filter will last for brew after brew unlike paper filters that need to be thrown away after each use.
- TURN YOUR AEROPRESS INTO AN ESPRESSO STYLE COFFEE MAKER: The Prismo is compatible only with AeroPress Coffee Makers to help you produce espresso-style shots of chocolately, full-bodied coffee.
- DURABLE AND EASY TO CARE FOR MATERIALS: The Prismo is constructed out of durable polypropylene with an easy to clean silicone valve. The attachment creates a no drip seal for a full immersion brew giving you increased flexibility.
- NO NEED TO BUY AN EXPENSIVE ESPRESSO MACHINE: With the Prismo you can enjoy cup after cup of European, espresso-style, bold flavored coffee without having to splash out on expensive machinery and special parts. The Prismo easily attaches to your AeroPress for immediate use.
I've been using AeroPress for a number of years and was unhappy when during a move, I lost the filter holder making my AeroPress unusable. I finally gave up looking for it and ordered this. It is easy to use and makes great coffee. I first made the espresso style as in the directions and it is produces good crema and tastes yummy! I can finally have close to espresso at home!
Dear Margaret! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I was excited to try after all the online reviews. Unfortunately, this system provides zero improvement to inversion and paper filters in terms of crema or taste.
Dear Pedro! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
This attachment is an absolute game-changer(especially if you use paper filters not the metal one). Holds all the coffee in, allowing it to steep much more efficiently. More than doubles the amount of pressure created giving you a fuller flavor, and if done right an amazing crema. Make better coffee, great espresso, and fire ass lattes anytime. Will not be going back to paper filters lol. If you are a coffee snob like myself, $25 is well worth the brewing and drinking experience this provides. Couldn’t be more satisfied, highly recommend, 10/10!
Dear Caleb! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I just got into the Aeropress scene, so I've been living under a rock up until this point. I have always preferred espresso style drinks, which is why home coffee brewing didn't seem possible. I got my aeropress, tried it out, and it felt too weak of a brew, despite following recipes for more espresso style drinks. Then I added the Prismo. Now that is what I'm talking about! Concentrated demitasse that I can drink as is or try to make a coffee shop drink. I haven't perfected the Aeropress, because it is so kitchenlab science. But with this attachment, I have the late-game tool to a victorious cup of coffee. Also, this does include a fine metal filter so you don't have to worry about purchasing another metal filter which is a definite plus. Very happy with my purchase and is the only real Aeropress attachment/accessory needed to upgrade your coffee skills (besides grinding your own fresh coffee).
Dear Nicole! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. We will contact you and will try to help. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
First off, I am new to the AeroPress world, and I just love it, and thought it was a perfect design. But, the Prismo is the missing-link in terms of the design of the unit and takes your brews to the next level in a few ways:
1) it improves on the design of the original AeroPress in that when you pour your hot water on the grounds there is no leakage until you apply pressure. So no need to use the inversion method if you want to make an immersion/french-press style cup with coarser grind as there is no water leakage until you apply pressure!
2) it works as intended to make 'espresso-like' shots, dense with a nice crema- just follow the recipe they recommend and there are plenty of vids out there with good tips.
3) no need to buy a separate metal filter since the Prismo comes with one -You will never need to buy another paper filter again.
4) high quality build- fits the AeroPress tightly as if it was an o.e.m. accessory.
5) frenchpresscoffee.com - great, fast service, and the order arrived quickly.
To sum it up, I highly recommend this. In fact, I'm going to make a shot right now lol
Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Both arrived in short order!
Both work well, just as described and I am glad that my flavorful coffee oils are back!
Dear Dub! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
I've had my Aeropress for about 2 years, and have enjoyed it very much, but I heard from a friend, (an excellent, professional chef), that it makes even better coffee with with a reusable filter. I called Frenchpresscoffee.com, and of the various reusable filters this was the one recommended. This is a great concept, and the first cup of coffee I made with it was really delicious. But (!) it didn't fit well on my Aeropress. Granted it's a retrofit, and that is probably the problem, but I was unable to twist it fully into place. I WAS able to twist it far enough that I almost couldn't get it free again. I had to bring it to my husband out in the shop for him to get it to loosen - and he had difficulty! So the next time I made coffee I didn't twist it quite that tightly. I started the process of making my morning coffee, and was pressing the coffee through the filter. As the plunger went down, it became harder to push. I was pushing pretty hard when the plunger suddenly "gave", the filter popped off, and coffee kind of exploded up - splashing my face, drenching my shirt and actually burning my wrist. So I'm not sure how to rate it. Based on the first cup of coffee I'd give it five stars - but based on the problem of trying to retrofit it to an older, used Aeropress, in my case it's not useable. I've given it away (with a warning) hoping it will fit my son-in-laws Aeropress better. So - balancing 5 stars and unusable I've compromised with 3 stars. But if it fits your Aeropress it's a five star attachement!
Dear Lucy! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Perfect complement to the aeropress. Allows one to have more coffee in the brewer, excellent microfiltration and as close as you can get to espresso in a travel device. Just the sound of the vacuum release is enough to make you want to make a cup!
Dear Mark! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Happy with the product. Works great.
Dear Kyle! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
This site was the only site that could send me the product fast and at a fair price--Amazon's listing was for almost double the cost. The site was easy to use and the post-purchase communication was excellent. The product works as described--really produces a fine cup of "espresso". The metal screen does a great job and come out almost clean. It is a worthy addition to the Aeropress if you are java-phile...
Dear Larry! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com