Easy Way to Make Delicious Cold Brew Coffee with French Press
Using your French Press Coffee Maker to make cold brew coffee is not only a great money-saver hack but also gives you a low acid coffee (67% less acidity, in fact) that is both delicious and easy on your stomach.
Remember we promised it's easy to make iced coffee or hot coffee with your French Press?
Well, we're true to our word--here's how you do it:
- Start with 2 cups of coarsely ground coffee to 3 cups of water (in volume not weight)
- Pour ground coffee into your 8-cup French Press
- Next, pour in two cups of water, then add the remaining cup of cold water
- Use a wooden spoon to simply soak the coffee and water--don't mix water and coffee
- Now, place your French Press plunger on top and let it sit for 12 to 24 hours
After the suggested time has passed, plunge as you normally would if you were making normal French Press Coffee. Grab some ice cubes and pour the coffee over the ice. Add milk if you like or a bit more water if you want to dilute it.
(NOTE: Also, remember not to leave any leftover coffee in your Coffee Press. Just pour leftovers in another container and refrigerate up to eight days).
If you want to make hot coffee with your refrigerated concentrate, simply had 2 parts hot water to 1 part coffee concentrate for fresh-tasting coffee.