OE Lido Basic Manual Coffee Grinder, Consistent Grind, Conical Steel Burrs
- 48mm Etzinger Swiss Steel Conical Grinding Burr Set
- Diecast Handle with Integrated Funnel for easy bean loading
- Soft grip handle knob
- Large Capacity Food Safe BPA Free Plastic Hopper holds up to 70 grams (10 tablespoons) of coffee beans
- Dual Axle replaceable Roller Bearing System for complete grinding stability and consistent particle size
- Micrometric Stepless External Grind Size Adjustment System with Nylon Tip Locking Knob
- Borosilicate Glass Catch Jar
- One step disassembly process for trouble free cleaning with the included brush
- Dimensions: 13" overall height to the top of the knob, 3" diameter at the catch jar
- Smooth Grip Clear Hopper is 2" in diameter
- Weight - 2 lb 9oz (1154 grams)
- All Orphan Espresso Hand Coffee Grinders & Parts here »
I bought this grinder primarily for its capacity and build quality and I'm very pleased with the purchase. I consistently grind up to 75g of beans. It takes two cycles in the hopper (I find the hopper holds about 65-70g of beans) but all the grounds fit into the catch jar. I can grind through the entire 75g in about 1-1.5 minutes.
I find the adjustment to be intuitive and easy, and the grinder is easy to disassemble. I've only ground for pour over and drip, so I can't speak to the performance with finer grind settings, but it's been great with the medium settings (between 8 and 13 ticks).
It's large, so probably not the first choice for a travel grinder, but as a dedicated home unit, I think it is perfect. Also if you need to grind for a full carafe, this grinder is a great choice.
Dear Jon! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
TL-DR: Buy this instead of an electric burr grinder
- Easy and fast grinding
- Very well built and ergonomic
- Index marker is black-on-grey, should be RED on grey
- Tall and top-heavy
- Grounds cup is soft plastic
My first "real" grinder, and man is it an improvement over my previous one. It's really tall and heavy, so it won't fit in a kitchen cabinet vertically. However, it's so easy to use that you won't want to put it away. I really like the solid construction, it feels very durable. The grinding speed is insanely fast, ~30g/minute. It is made of cast brass, so my wedding ring scratched the burr lock-ring the first night I had it. Not a durability problem, just a soft finish problem. Grinder is stepless and holds the settings really well, which is good, since seeing the black index line is difficult. This problem is easily solved with a bit of reflective red or orange paint. The grounds cup is a soft plastic, time will tell on it's longevity. Everything else in this grinder's construction is super strong.
Dear Scott! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
Very easy to use. If your looking for a good grinder this is it. I can’t say enough how much I enjoy this grinder
Dear Dennis! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com