Lido 3 Grinder, Hand Coffee Grinder for French Press, Drip and Espresso
ENJOY 5% OFF* STOREWIDE with coupon "FP5".
*brands are excluded: Baratza
IF YOUR FRENCH PRESS IS BROKEN, WE’LL GIVE YOU 50% STORE CREDIT
This grinder is a massive upgrade from any of the sub $50 grinders you see out there. The stainless steel burr makes this thing grind beans at a much quicker pace than a ton of other hand grinders. The only downside I can think of for this grinder is that it is worth noting that it's rather on the large side, and that it's also on a pretty heavy side for weight, so it can be tough at times when grinding tougher beans since the grinding mechanism needs to cut through the harder shell and the unit isn't always going to stay stable on a counter top or in hands.
Best purchase ever!
The best mill for me ... until yesterday. After enjoying coffee grinding for one or two cups a day for the last 5 months, the adjusting ring has completely locked. I have tried everything, hot water, freezer, even tools and nothing happens. Unfortunately, the adjustment fixed was so fine that it clogged my Espresso machine, and in the French press it gave a horrible result.
This grinder is everything French Press Coffee says it is. High quality product. Once familiarized with its operation, it works flawlessly. Also, great price and quick shipping.
Solid grinder, you can tell just by picking it up, it weighs 1kg!
Most importantly - grind is exceptional.
The steel on it makes it feel really well built.
Easy to hold, easy to grind.
Mine traveled all the way to South Africa, and I'm glad I went through the effort to get it here!
Really well thought out, I doubt I would change anything.
It arrived quickly and works very well! Very solid build, with the bonus that it is actually something that comes from a local company (I live in the Palouse region of eastern Washington and Northern Idaho). I will recommend it to eveyrone I know.
I will also recommend frenchpresscoffeee.com! Not only is it from NM where I have spent a lot of time, Igor was very helpful when I called him prior to the order.
I plan on buying from his business repeatedly!
Kevin R. Vixie
The action on this grinder is so smooth compared to my hario skerton pro. So glad i decided to upgrade to the lido 3. I find light roasted beans are much easier to grind now. I hand grind a coffee several times a day.
I drink exclusively French press coffee and was looking for a grinder, one that was highly rated as well as being portable as we travel a lot. I spent days researching for just this grinder. It’s really quite a pain, it seems every unit out there has problems, within a reasonable price range I mean as I can’t really compare my search’s to a $1000.00 machine. As I was quite used to my old burr grinder and gram weight that I use I thought that I would see if there can actually be a difference in the flavor by just having a better grinder. Personally I opted for this one because of the build quality, ratings and portability. The following is my summation. Wow, not only is the flavor far superior, I actually had to reduce gram weight to my pleasure and surprise. The last benefit is one that I personally enjoy. As you know this is a manual grinder, not a 900 rpm electric. What takes 20 seconds with an electric will take you more like a minute by hand, so I get the benefit of an upper body workout to start the day. By the way, very easy to grind, a child could do it. I do believe this will my last grinder purchase!
I started with a cheap $30 hand grinder. It took 3-4 minutes to grind 25g of beans. It takes about 30 seconds with the Lido 3. It’s quiet enough to not wake the kids- The last grinder I’ll ever have to buy, and we are drinking the best coffee we’ve ever made.
I am a specialty coffee roaster who uses best practices in grinding and brewing to test my roasts. This is a product whose grind rivals my thousand-dollar results. Twenty minutes after unwrapping the Lido 3 and heating my espresso machine, I compared shots from my AP Forte grind and the Lido. It was impossible to tell them apart, except that one was slightly cooler because it was pulled first. I will also add that it was my very first attempt at calibrating the Lido 3 to that of a carefully calibrated Forte setting for my machine. I was able to repeat the brewing results with a grinder-on-grinder test in a pour over. Using the MeloDrip low-agitation technique and the two grinds, again I achieved very bright flavors and noticed a complete lack of clumping at even the espresso level. I used to grind for 1-2 weeks at a time before traveling -- I don't have to do that now. But, I also feel that this hand grinder would exceed $300 electric grinders in the home.
What makes the OE LIDO 3 Manual Coffee Grinder stand out from the rest of the OE line is its very consistent grinding and portable design.
The Orphan Espresso LIDO Coffee Grinder is a hand grinder which remains mainstay in any coffee lovers arsenal. The grinder features a full-range of grind adjustment (from Turkish Coffee to French Press grinds) constructed to last day in and day out to create optimally brewed cups of coffee.
- It's made from lighter materials and incorporates an ergonomic handle and improved funnel top that is perfect for loading beans. Not only does the grinder reduce material waste, but its also a more consistent grinder taking less time to produce the right kind of grind.
- To allow you to cart the device anywhere you want to go the Lido 3 comes with its own carrying case and accessories, making it one of the more unique hand coffee grinders to hit the road. The LIDO 3 also features 48 mm. Swiss made steel burrs with a more aggressive cut than a similar burr coffee grinder, so you can grind your coffee in less time without losing any quality.
- Use the stepless grind adjustment with dual threaded rings to select and lock in your desired grind. The grinding axle is stabilized at the top of the hopper and below the burr by bronze bearings that reduce burr wobble. The grinder's rubberized grinding handle unlocks to swivel inward when you're ready to pack it up to go. You can store up to 70 grams (10 tbsp.) of beans in the hopper, while the anti-static grinds bin can safely contain around 100 grams of ground coffee.
- As such the OE LIDO 3 Manual Coffee Grinder is a completely full-range grinder that can tackle everything from Turkish coffee to French Press grinds, to espresso. The grinder is well positioned to tackle these different grinds while still being quite affordable and holding its own value.
PORTABLE AND LIGHT DESIGN FOR TRAVEL:
EASY TO GRIP HAND GRINDING ACTION:
HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION:
MADE TO LAST :
LARGE CAPACITY HOPPER:
OE Lido 3 Manual Coffee Grinder Disassembly and Assembly Instructions
LIDO 3 FEATURES:
- 48mm Swiss Made Steel Conical Grinding Burr Set
- Diecast Folding Crank Handle with Integrated Funnel for easy bean loading
- Soft grip handle knob
- Large Capacity Food Safe BPA Free Plastic Hopper holds up to 70 grams (10 tablespoons) of coffee beans
- Bronze Dual Axle replaceable Bearing System for complete grinding stability and consistent particle size
- Micrometric Stepless External Grind Size Adjustment System
- Solid Rubber Hopper Stopper for Funnel
- Anti-Static RTP Permastat ABS Plastic Catch Jar
- One step disassembly process for trouble free cleaning with the included natural bristle brush
- Assembly/disassembly uses a single included tool
- Dimensions: 13.5" overall height to the top of the knob, 3" diameter at the catch jar (not including bag or tools)
- Smooth Grip Tinted Hopper is 2" in diameter
- Weight - 2 lb 5oz (1052 grams)
What's in the box:
- LIDO 3 hand coffee grinder
- Carrying case (Neoprene)
- Silicone rubber hopper lid
- Hex tool for grinder maintenance
- Cleaning brush (Natural bristle)
- Owners manual