Lido 3 Grinder, Hand Coffee Grinder for French Press, Drip and Espresso
ENJOY 5% OFF* STOREWIDE with coupon "FP5".
*brands are excluded: Baratza
IF YOUR FRENCH PRESS IS BROKEN, WE’LL GIVE YOU 50% STORE CREDIT
I had this World Trade Market grinder that was like 30 bucks. It wasn’t doing it for me, and I was getting serious about coffee so I got this monster. It absolutely (in a good way) shreds through coffee beans. Very efficient, very fast, and very uniform. Ergonomically I like the size, has I have tons of control and power while grinding. Some say the size is too much, especially since it’s somewhat marketed as portable, but you get in hell of a grinder for a few extra pounds. So I’m on board.
I upgraded from my electric blade grinder, this produces very consistent grounds compared to that. It can also fit enough coffee to make two big mugs in a French press, probably around 60 grams. Removing the ground compartment was a little tricky at first but I got the hang of it. Hopefully the steel burrs will last a long time.
Bought this for home use and it’s great. First time I’ve owned a non-blade grinder. Easy to use and adjust, and feels like it’s built to last forever. I’m a big fan. The stainless grind catch was a nice addition.
Dear Ray! Thank you for your feedback. We are appreciate it very much. All the best, FrenchPressCoffee.com
The stainless steel catch is awful. It does not fit correctly and takes multiple attempts to get on. Sometimes it gets stuck and you start changing the grind adjustment ring trying to take it on or off. I can already tell I’m going to throw my grinds all over the kitchen trying to get this thing off. The folding handle unfolds when grinding all the time. The clamping mechanism is not tight enough. Besides these problems it makes nice consistent grinds
Great grinder after researching and the settings and functionality. Enjoying my morning coffee so much more now
I paid an extra 20$ for the fastest shipping option. It arrived 2 days after the promised date. I needed it for a specific day for a specific purpose. The 20 $ was a waste of money. Also, when it arrived the steel grinds cup was incorrectly screwed on to the body. So I had to spend a good 20 minutes trying to remove it and was afraid of damaging the grinder. I eventually had to whack it against the floor to get it to come off. Very unpleasant experience. Other than that, the grinder works very well. Solid build, fast grinding.
It is as expected: solid, easy to use, makes a very “espresso ready grind”!
I had a little trouble getting the grind handle in position, I think because I have trouble with written instructions. But there are great videos about this product on line, so just keep at it.
This grinder is built like a tank. Build quality is excellent. Grind quality is very good. FrenchPressCoffee.com service is very good, fast delivery, comes very nicely packaged.
This grinder is a massive upgrade from any of the sub $50 grinders you see out there. The stainless steel burr makes this thing grind beans at a much quicker pace than a ton of other hand grinders. The only downside I can think of for this grinder is that it is worth noting that it's rather on the large side, and that it's also on a pretty heavy side for weight, so it can be tough at times when grinding tougher beans since the grinding mechanism needs to cut through the harder shell and the unit isn't always going to stay stable on a counter top or in hands.
Best purchase ever!
What makes the OE LIDO 3 Manual Coffee Grinder stand out from the rest of the OE line is its very consistent grinding and portable design.
The Orphan Espresso LIDO Coffee Grinder is a hand grinder which remains mainstay in any coffee lovers arsenal. The grinder features a full-range of grind adjustment (from Turkish Coffee to French Press grinds) constructed to last day in and day out to create optimally brewed cups of coffee.
- It's made from lighter materials and incorporates an ergonomic handle and improved funnel top that is perfect for loading beans. Not only does the grinder reduce material waste, but its also a more consistent grinder taking less time to produce the right kind of grind.
- To allow you to cart the device anywhere you want to go the Lido 3 comes with its own carrying case and accessories, making it one of the more unique hand coffee grinders to hit the road. The LIDO 3 also features 48 mm. Swiss made steel burrs with a more aggressive cut than a similar burr coffee grinder, so you can grind your coffee in less time without losing any quality.
- Use the stepless grind adjustment with dual threaded rings to select and lock in your desired grind. The grinding axle is stabilized at the top of the hopper and below the burr by bronze bearings that reduce burr wobble. The grinder's rubberized grinding handle unlocks to swivel inward when you're ready to pack it up to go. You can store up to 70 grams (10 tbsp.) of beans in the hopper, while the anti-static grinds bin can safely contain around 100 grams of ground coffee.
- As such the OE LIDO 3 Manual Coffee Grinder is a completely full-range grinder that can tackle everything from Turkish coffee to French Press grinds, to espresso. The grinder is well positioned to tackle these different grinds while still being quite affordable and holding its own value.
PORTABLE AND LIGHT DESIGN FOR TRAVEL:
EASY TO GRIP HAND GRINDING ACTION:
HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION:
MADE TO LAST :
LARGE CAPACITY HOPPER:
OE Lido 3 Manual Coffee Grinder Disassembly and Assembly Instructions
LIDO 3 FEATURES:
- 48mm Swiss Made Steel Conical Grinding Burr Set
- Diecast Folding Crank Handle with Integrated Funnel for easy bean loading
- Soft grip handle knob
- Large Capacity Food Safe BPA Free Plastic Hopper holds up to 70 grams (10 tablespoons) of coffee beans
- Bronze Dual Axle replaceable Bearing System for complete grinding stability and consistent particle size
- Micrometric Stepless External Grind Size Adjustment System
- Solid Rubber Hopper Stopper for Funnel
- Anti-Static RTP Permastat ABS Plastic Catch Jar
- One step disassembly process for trouble free cleaning with the included natural bristle brush
- Assembly/disassembly uses a single included tool
- Dimensions: 13.5" overall height to the top of the knob, 3" diameter at the catch jar (not including bag or tools)
- Smooth Grip Tinted Hopper is 2" in diameter
- Weight - 2 lb 5oz (1052 grams)
What's in the box:
- LIDO 3 hand coffee grinder
- Carrying case (Neoprene)
- Silicone rubber hopper lid
- Hex tool for grinder maintenance
- Cleaning brush (Natural bristle)
- Owners manual